Save the Date! The 2nd Annual Sibling Leadership Network Meeting
: “The Sibling Leadership Network” <The_Sibling_Leadership_Network@mail.vresp.com>Date
: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:08:26 +0000To
: Save the Date! The 2nd Annual Sibling Leadership Network Meeting
Click to view this email in a browser
| SAVE THE DATE! The 2nd Annual Meeting of The Sibling Leadership Network
November 6-7, 2008 Columbus, Ohio
Marriott Airport Hotel
Connect with others who have a sibling with a disability–and share your knowledge and experience!
With presentations, workshops, and breakouts by:
• Jeff and Cindy Daly (directors of the film Where?s Molly)
• Dean Fadel (lobbyist extraordinaire)
• Tom Fish (OhioSIBS and OSU)
• Tamar Heller (University of Illinois, Chicago)
• Ann Kaiser (Vanderbilt)
• Katie Keiling (University of Illinois, Chicago)
• Stan Klein (member of Senator Barack Obama’s Disability Task Force)
• John Kramer (University of Illinois, Chicago)
• Emily Marino (YAI)
• Don Meyer (The Sibling Support Project)
• Mike Wehmeyer (University of Kansas)
• and many others!
On topics including:
• Siblings and Self-Advocates Working Together for Policies that Benefit Everyone;
• Creating Community-Based Adult Sibling Programs;
• Sibshops and Other Considerations for Young Brothers and Sisters;
• Sibs’ Role in Self-Determination;
• Senator Barack Obama’s Disability Policy;
• Research on Sibling Concerns;
• For Better or Worse: Siblings’ Influence on Choosing A Mate;
• Influencing Legislators;
• Spreading the Word about Sibling Issues and the Work of the Sibling Leadership Network!
Hosted by: The Nisonger Center at The Ohio State University, the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Aging with Developmental Disabilities, The Sibling Support Project, and the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
More details available in late July on www.siblingsupport.org !
Mark your calendar!!
|If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe
|The Sibling Support Project
6512 23rd Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98117
Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.
This entry was posted in conference
and tagged National Event
. Bookmark the permalink