Register now for The Arc’s 2012 National Convention and International Forum in Washington, D.C. October 25-28 before early registration discounts end September 3. This year, The Arc will be joined by Inclusion International, a global federation of family-based organizations advocating for the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We’ll gather at the Grand Hyatt in downtown D.C. for a four-day event filled with enlightening and informative sessions including a breakout session for siblings of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities presented by The Arc and the Sibling Leadership Network. And on Saturday night, there will be a special meet & greet just for siblings. Find out more about the program schedule.
For those of you who live near the D.C. Metro area, we hope you will take advantage of the fact that this year’s largest gathering of the intellectual and developmental community is happening right in your backyard! Even if you can’t attend the entire event, consider one of these great reasons to stop by:
- Lower priced one-day registrations are available for any day of the event
- Discounted registrations are available for self-advocates, personal care attendants and members of The Arc at the local, state or national level
- Anyone can attend one of our ticketed special events even if they are not registered for the entire conference (order your tickets online).
- Leadership and Self-Advocate pre-conferences on Thursday
- Red Hot on the Red Carpet! Thursday night opening event and film festival featuring films by and about people with intellectual and developmental disabilities·
- Research Luncheon with special guest Eric Rosenthal of Disability Rights International
- Closing “DC Swing” Dance Celebration with the National Hand Dancing Club