A Webinar from AUCD’s Special Interest Group on Family Support
Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM ET
UCEDD’s and LEND’s continue to play an important role in the self-advocacy, family and sibling movements. This webinar will update staff, faculty and students on how UCEDD/LEND are involved in supporting families work and provide examples of specific activities that are addressing the core functions of providing preservice preparation, services research, and information dissemination. There will be time for discussions and other Family Support Special Interest Group and national updates.
This call will highlight the following UCEDDs/LENDs:
- Institute on Disability and Human Development, University of Illinois at Chicago (UCEDD/LEND)
- Developmental Disabilities Institute, Wayne State University (UCEDD)
- Center for Interdisciplinary Learning and Leadership, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (UCEDD/LEND)
- Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin – Madison (UCEDD/LEND)
This webinar is hosted by the AUCD-Special Interest Group on Family Support. The purpose of the AUCD Family Support SIG is to engage the AUCD network, including UCEDD and LEND members, in playing key roles in moving Family Support and Leadership forward at the national and state level and in advancing leadership in supporting families as part of the core work and values within the UCEDD and LEND programs. If you are a member of AUCD network you can join the Family Support listserv here.
Katie Arnold (Director of Community Education at the Institute on Disability and Human Development (IDHD) at the University of Illinois at Chicago)
Wanda Felty (Leadership and Advocacy Coordinator for the Center for Learning and Leadership (Oklahoma’s UCEDD) at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, College of Medicine and Family Faculty for the Oklahoma LEND Program)
Elizabeth Hecht (Senior Outreach Specialist at the Waisman Center’s Children with Special Health Care Needs Program)
Angela Martin (Community Support Specialist with the Developmental Disabilities Institute (DDI) at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan)
Vyonda Martin (Associate Director and Community Services Director for the Center for Learning and Leadership, Oklahoma’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center)
- There is NO cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- For disability accommodations contact email Anna Costalas or call 301-588-8252 a minimum of five days in advance.
- This webinar will be archived.