We’d love to have you participate in the work of supporting siblings throughout the lifespan by joining a committee.
Also, the following committees seek co-chairs:
Support & Information: Increase awareness of services and supports for siblings of people with disabilities across the Lifespan. The Support & Information Committee is responsible for:
- Advocating for increased and enhanced services and supports for siblings of people with disabilities, especially in regards to the discrepancies between states and their service systems
- Compiling and disseminating information on current services and supports that include and target siblings
- Managing services and supports content on SLN website
Chapter Development: Manage and guide the internal affairs of the SLN, with a focus on strengthening and supporting existing and future chapters. The Chapter Development Committee is responsible for:
- Maintaining existing communication tools between state and local chapters and develop new tools to facilitate increased support across chapters
- Promoting chapter outreach and development at all levels
- Representing siblings’ voices at the state and local level
Time commitments for committee members consist of a one-hour conference call quarterly, plus additional action based on activities between meetings (generally about 1-4 hours per month).
Committee co-chairs lead meetings with the committee chairs and help coordinate the activities of the committee.
To get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you aren’t a member of the SLN yet, join here! It’s free and easy.