SiblingResources.org has been launched through an exciting collaboration between Yang-Tan Institute of Cornell University, The Sibling Leadership Network, and SibsNY. Through a grant from NYSDDPC, we are building the community for adult siblings of individuals with disabilities in NY. Please visit this website to learn more
Please click here to sign up for the SiblingResources network, webinars and sibchats.
- For Professionals:Jan 12, 12-1pm ET, Topic: Engaging and Supporting Siblings of People with DD
- For Adult Siblings:Jan 26, 7-8pm ET, Topic: Future planning
Sibchats are a cross between a webinar and a conference call that provides a space for adult siblings to listen in to other adult siblings as peers in order to discuss relevant topics. Unlike a webinar where there is primarily one presenter, this is more of a comfortable discussion among a handful of siblings that allows sibs to listen, ask questions, receive peer support and information, and or share their own thoughts.
- February 7, 2017, 7pm-8pm ET Topic: Future planning
- March 12, 2017, 7pm-8pm ET Topic: Sibling support and advocacy
- May 10, 2017, 7pm-8pm ET Topic: Navigating the system