My name is Jessica Kramer, and I am from Boston University. I am working with The Arc of the United States. Along with Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE) and Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN), we want to form a national group of young adults with disabilities who also have mental health conditions.
We want to find out what works best for young adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and Autism who have mental health conditions like anxiety, depression, or schizophrenia.
The first step is to form an Advisory Board.
For the Advisory Board, we are looking for five young adults who:
· Are 18-30 years old
· Have an Intellectual or Developmental Disability
· Have a mental health diagnosis or receive: counseling, therapy, psychotropic medication, ECT (electroconvulsive therapy)
· Come from different backgrounds
Advisory board member will:
· Attend monthly meetings on the phone or online for 1 hour
· The project is from November 2017 and September 2018
· Tell doctors and therapists what young adults with I/DD want to know about mental health treatments.
· As a thank you for your hard work, advisory board members receive $500
Want to learn more?
Please email Jessica at Boston University at: email@example.com
or call us at 617-353-7492. Please contact us by November 3, 2017.
We will pick advisory board members by November 15, 2017.
Jessica M. Kramer, PhD, OTR
Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy & PhD Program in Rehabilitation Sciences
635 Commonwealth Ave (SAR 503)
Boston, MA 02215
Fax: (617)- 353-2926