SLN members and friends, welcome and glad tidings for 2018 and beyond! With a new year comes a new configuration for the Board of Directors as well as the Executive Committee at the Sibling Leadership Network.
- We heartily welcome Lindsay Polansky into the role of Vice Chair. We are excited to see how her perspective and insight will help propel us in new and exciting directions this year.
- I am proud to be moving into the Chair role as Edward O’Neil transitions to Past Chair. We greatly appreciate all that Ed did to support our 2017 National conference as well as his valued leadership all of last year.
- We also wish to extend our gratitude to David Horton who will transition off of the board at this time. Thanks for your contributions and leadership over the past three years with the SLN.
As we usher in a new year, the SLN is also welcoming the second decade of our existence. We were ecstatic to celebrate our 10th year in 2017, but I am honestly more excited to see what the next few years hold for our organization. We are actively positioning ourselves on the forefront of highly critical issues for siblings, including health care, policy and advocacy, voting rights, supported decision making, respite, training for first responders and emergency personnel, financial accounts and legislation, and so much more.
To be able to do our best work and to make inroads towards even greater impact, we need your voice in the mix. Our strength truly lies in the wisdom and engagement of our entire membership. Please consider increasing your involvement with the SLN by some small measure this year.
- Join one of our fabulous committees.
- Participate in local grassroots movements on issues that are integral to sibship.
- Become a member or take on a leadership role within your state chapter.
- Help support development of a state chapter if you reside in one of the areas which hasn’t created a chapter as of yet.
- Connect with us and share your thoughts via our Facebook Page, Facebook Group, and on Twitter.
- Donate or increase your financial contribution to your chapter and/or the SLN’s national organization.
Thank you for all you do for siblings, families, and the Sibling Leadership Network. Blessings and best wishes for 2018! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sara Hansen, Ed.D, CED