The University of Illinois at Chicago is offering free training for siblings and their brothers and sisters with disabilities. People who participate in this training will:
• increase knowledge of disability policy
• share ideas on long term services and supports
• identify strategies to be agents of change
• receive a toolkit of strategies for civic engagement
The training will be held on March 15th from 9:30am to 2:30pm at The Autism Program of Illinois (5520 South Sixth Street Road, Springfield, IL)
Participants will learn about:
• Disability policy
• Advocacy strategies
• How to effectively share your story and create change
The training is FREE, and lunch will be provided.
In addition, UIC is conducting research right before this training to gain your perspective on long term services and supports. This will include a focus group discussion that will last up to 1 ½ hours. Your participation will provide important feedback that can potentially help guide, expand, and strengthen disability policy. Your participation is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential.
Download the March 15 Flyer and please share with your networks.