Join a committee and be a part of the sibling movement!
To get involved with any of the Sibling Leadership Network Committees, contact them via email, which you’ll find listed below.
Research Committee: Increase awareness of including siblings of people with disabilities in research. The Research Committee is responsible for:
- Compiling, synthesizing, and disseminating research on siblings of people with disabilities
- Identifying research gaps and advocating to increase the amount and quality of research on siblings of people with disabilities
- Managing research content on SLN website
- Developing a best-practice guide for research on siblings of people with disabilities
Policy and Advocacy: Make policy recommendations to the SLN Board and coordinate local and chapter advocacy efforts. The Policy and Advocacy Committee is responsible for:
- Working with Communications and Network Development Chairs to communicate sibling policy and advocacy efforts among the SLN and the wider community
- Encouraging a forum for dialogue on policy, advocacy and decision making
- Managing policy and advocacy content on SLN website
- Joining with organizational partners to move valued policy forward
Chapter Development: Manage and guide the internal affairs of the SLN, with a focus on strengthening and supporting existing and future chapters. The Chapter Development Committee is responsible for:
- Maintaining existing communication tools between state and local chapters and develop new tools to facilitate increased support across chapters
- Promoting chapter outreach and development at all levels
- Representing siblings’ voices at the state and local level