Resources for Adult Siblings: Grief & Loss
Sib Grief Webinar by Shruti Tekwani. September 2019
Webinar from The Arc’s Center for Future Planning: Grief and Loss in the Lives of People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- This presentation focuses on the grief that comes after someone dies and how families can support people with I/DD during the grief process.
Click here to access the webinar.
Click here to view the presentation slides.
Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities
- Responding to Grief Reactions of People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Resources on Grief, Death & Dying
- Helping People with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Process Grief
- Ritualizing Grief with People with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Van Dyke, L. (2003). Lessons in Death and Grief: Supporting People with Developmental Disabilities in the Healing Process, Homewood, IL: High Tide Press. Order here.
- Sibling Grief: Healing After the Death of a Sister or Brother By Pleasant White
- Surviving the Death of a Sibling: Living Through Grief When an Adult Brother or Sister Dies By T.J. Wray
- The Empty Room: Understanding Sibling Loss By Elizabeth DeVita-Raeburn
- Healing the Adult Sibling’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Your Brother or Sister Dies (Healing Your Grieving Heart Series) By Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- Sibling Loss By Joanna H. Fanos
- Adult Sibling Loss: Stories, Reflections and Ripples (Death, Value and Meaning) By Brenda J. Marshall
- When a Brother or Sister Dies: Looking Back, Moving Forward By Claire Berman
- Death of a Sibling: five sisters, five stories: An article from Pediatric Nursing By Marcia Van Riper