Resources for Young Siblings
Community-based programs for young sibs
Sibshops are lively peer support and education programs for school-age brothers and sisters of kids with special health, developmental, and mental health concerns. A list of registered Sibshops may be found here.
Books for Young Siblings
- View from our Shoes by Donald Joseph Meyer
- My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete
- Luna, Yes!/Luna, ¡Sí! by Jessica Gonzalez
- Billy’s Sister by Jessica Leving
Resources for Siblings of People with Autism
- The Sibling Experience PDF
- Sibling Resource from The Autism Society
- Check out the Siblings of Autistic Kids Facebook page!
Coulter Video, a family-owned video publishing company specializing in programs to help people with Asperger Syndrome and autism and those who support them, has created a DVD series for siblings of individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger Syndrome. Each DVD includes separate developmentally appropriate segments for siblings from age 4 through adult plus a separate segment with parent interviews. Click the links to order!