Join a committee and be a part of the sibling movement!
To get involved with any of the Sibling Leadership Network Committees, contact them via email, which you’ll find listed below.
Research Committee: Increase awareness of including siblings of people with disabilities in research. The Research Committee is responsible for:
- Compiling, synthesizing, and disseminating research on siblings of people with disabilities
- Identifying research gaps and advocating to increase the amount and quality of research on siblings of people with disabilities
- Managing research content on SLN website
- Developing a best-practice guide for research on siblings of people with disabilities
Policy and Advocacy: Make policy recommendations to the SLN Board and coordinate local and chapter advocacy efforts. The Policy and Advocacy Committee is responsible for:
- Working with Communications and Network Development Chairs to communicate sibling policy and advocacy efforts among the SLN and the wider community
- Encouraging a forum for dialogue on policy, advocacy and decision making
- Managing policy and advocacy content on SLN website
- Joining with organizational partners to move valued policy forward
Chapter Development: The Chapter Development Committee is composed of chapter representatives from each of SLN’s state chapters. This committee focuses on strengthening and supporting existing and future chapters. The Chapter Development Committee is responsible for:
- Developing resources and tools to help state chapters support siblings and facilitate increased support across chapters
- Promoting chapter outreach and development at all levels
- Representing siblings’ voices at the state and local level