The SLN works to promote two research goals:
- To increase the visibility and accessibility of sibling research
- To increase awareness about including siblings in research about individuals with disabilities and their families.
Increasing the visibility and accessibility of sibling research
We have created several documents. The following briefs provide highlights from the latest research regarding siblings of people with disabilities.
- SLN Adult Siblings Research Brief
- SLN Young Siblings Research Brief
- We have also produced a sibling bibliography of research articles about siblings with and without disabilities. Sibling Bibliography
- Sibling Research, a detailed excel spreadsheet with articles about sibling research spanning from 1962 to 2016. Included in the document is a brief synopsis of the characteristics of each article including:
- Type of disability of the sibling
- Age range of the sibling
- Topic addressed
- Type of data collected
- Research Design
- Citation information
By having a database of sibling research, we hope that you can more easily find articles of interest.
Please feel free to share either of these documents. We suggest the following citation: Sibling Leadership Network. (2016). Bibliography for Sibling Research. Retrieved from https://siblingleadership.org/research/