Celebrating the Sibling Voice
2017 NATIONAL SIBLING LEADERSHIP NETWORK CONFERENCE
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT JUNE 24-25, 2017
Please join us at the 2017 National Sibling Leadership Network Conference!
The conference begins at 8:30am on Saturday, June 24 and ends at noon on Sunday, June 25.
Join us for an opportunity to connect with other adult siblings of people with disabilities and those who care about siblings. Hear from national experts on the latest in sibling services and supports, learn about new research initiatives, and participate in sibling and disability advocacy efforts. You will have an opportunity to learn about resources, share stories, network and gain insight on sibling experiences. We are excited to again partner with and hold the SLN Conference in conjunction with AAIDD (American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Conference registration is $125 and includes 3 meals.
Preliminary Conference Agenda (Click here)
Learn more about Conference Scholarships (Click here)
Hotel and travel information (Click here)
If you call to make hotel reservations, mention AAIDD in order to receive the discounted conference rate.
Discover Hartford, CT! (Click here)
Who should attend the conference?
- Siblings of people with disabilities. The conference is for adults and is welcome to siblings who have a brother or sister with any type of disability.
- People with disabilities. Self-advocates are important to the sibling movement and we encourage people with disabilities to come and share your sibling perspective.
- Parents and family members. Families can learn a lot at this conference and share their perspectives.
- Professionals. Professionals, including researchers, can gain a stronger understanding of the sibling relationship and ways to support siblings throughout the lifespan.
- Sibling supporters. Anyone who is a friend or colleague to siblings and their families is welcome.
Interested in being a sponsor? Click here to view the sponsorship levels and application form. We’d love your support and investment in the upcoming SLN National Conference!