Celebrating the Sibling Voice
2017 NATIONAL SIBLING LEADERSHIP NETWORK CONFERENCE
HARTFORD CONVENTION CENTER
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT JUNE 24-25, 2017
Please join us at the 2017 National Sibling Leadership Network Conference!
The conference begins at 8:30am on Saturday, June 24 and ends at noon on Sunday, June 25.
Join us for an opportunity to connect with other adult siblings of people with disabilities and those who care about siblings. Hear from national experts on the latest in sibling services and supports, learn about new research initiatives, and participate in sibling and disability advocacy efforts. You will have an opportunity to learn about resources, share stories, network and gain insight on sibling experiences. We are excited to again partner with and hold the SLN Conference in conjunction with AAIDD (American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities).
Pre-registration for the SLN Conference is closed. All additional registrations will be processed onsite beginning on Saturday, June 24 at 8:30am at the Hartford Convention Center. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Halm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference registration is $125 and includes 3 meals.
Please call A Room With A View for information on the official designated AAIDD overflow hotel. They will secure the lowest available rates at the best available hotels within a short distance of The Marriott Hotel. Reservations processed by A Room With A View are automatically put on a waitlist for rooms at The Marriott Hotel should cancellations occur within The AAIDD group room block.
A Room With A View can be contacted at 1-800-780-4343
Monday- Friday 9am – 5pm CST
International attendees can reach them at email@example.com. This is a FREE SERVICE for all AAIDD/SLN conference attendees.
Who should attend the conference?
- Siblings of people with disabilities. The conference is for adults and is welcome to siblings who have a brother or sister with any type of disability.
- People with disabilities. Self-advocates are important to the sibling movement and we encourage people with disabilities to come and share your sibling perspective.
- Parents and family members. Families can learn a lot at this conference and share their perspectives.
- Professionals. Professionals, including researchers, can gain a stronger understanding of the sibling relationship and ways to support siblings throughout the lifespan.
- Sibling supporters. Anyone who is a friend or colleague to siblings and their families is welcome.
Interested in being a sponsor? Click here to view the sponsorship levels and application form. We’d love your support and investment in the upcoming SLN National Conference!
Thank you to our conference sponsors!
American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR)
Institute on Disability and Human Development at the University of Illinois at Chicago
National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD)
National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services
Chapters Ahead and Nisonger Center
Council on Quality and Leadership
National Leadership Consortium on Developmental Disabilities (NLCDD)
SibsNY/AHRC NYC Sibling Committee
Supporting Illinois Brothers and Sisters (SIBS)
Institute on Disabilities at Temple University