Join us for an opportunity to connect with other siblings of people with disabilities and those who care about siblings. Hear from national experts on the latest in sibling services and supports, learn about new research initiatives, and participate in sibling and disability advocacy efforts. You will have an opportunity to learn about resources, share stories, network and gain insight on sibling experiences.
Here is a conference flier that you can print and give out at events to spread the word about the conference: SLN-Conference-flier.Who should attend the conference?
- Siblings of people with disabilities. The conference is for adults and is welcome to siblings who have a brother or sister with any type of disability.
- People with disabilities. Self-advocates are important to the sibling movement and we encourage people with disabilities to come and share your sibling perspective.
- Parents and family members. Families can learn a lot at this conference and share their perspectives.
- Professionals. Professionals, including researchers, can gain a stronger understanding of the sibling relationship and ways to support siblings throughout the lifespan.
- Sibling supporters. Anyone who is a friend or colleague to siblings and their families is welcome.
To register for the National Sibling Leadership Network (SLN) Conference, you must register through the AAIDD (American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) Conference registration process. Registration is $75 and includes breakfast and lunch.
Click here for registration instructions.
For more detailed information about the events of the day, speakers and our great sponsors, check out the SLN Conference Program.Agenda: 8:30am—Registration and breakfast 9:00am—Welcome and Introductions 9:30am—Power of Storytelling 11:15am–Research Panel 12:00pm—Lunch buffet 1:00pm—Supports and Resources across the Lifespan 2:00pm—SLN Activities and Sibling Engagement 2:45—National Perspectives 3:45pm—Civil Rights, Self-Determination and Empowering Siblings 4:15pm—Wrap up and conclusion 5:00pm—Conclude
Transportation to and from Pittsburgh International Airport:
There are several ways to get the SLN Conference at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown hotel.
From Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT):
Option 1: There is a Port Authority bus that leaves from the airport and stops close to the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Hotel. It costs $3.75 one way and leaves every 30 minutes. It’s a 45 minute trip.
Find more info here.
Option 2: Take a taxi cab from PIT to the hotel. It is about $40 one way.
Find more info here.
Option 3: Take a shuttle from PIT to the hotel.
AAIDD has set up a group discount code for anyone who wishes to take the Super Shuttle to and from the airport. Discount applies to reservations made online, in advance, using Group Discount Code AAIDD (valid from 5/28-6/8/13)
Good for: $4.00 off round trip SuperShuttle or $3.00 off per one way for ExecuCar Sedan
Click here to make your reservation now:
Please consider becoming a sponsor of the National SLN Conference in order to support siblings across the country. Please click below for more information:
National SLN Conference Sponsors:
Thank you for your contribution to make the National SLN Conference a success!
Individual and Scholarship Sponsors:
The Keiling Family