Save the Date!2015 NATIONAL SIBLING LEADERSHIP NETWORK CONFERENCE May 30 & 31, 2015 Louisville, KY
Save the date to join us for an opportunity to connect with other siblings of people with disabilities and those who care about siblings. We are excited to again partner with AAIDD (American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) and hold our SLN Conference in conjunction with AAIDD. Hear from national experts on the latest in sibling services and supports, learn about new research initiatives, and participate in sibling and disability advocacy efforts. You will have an opportunity to learn about resources, share stories, network and gain insight on sibling experiences.
Who should attend the conference?
- Siblings of people with disabilities. The conference is for adults and is welcome to siblings who have a brother or sister with any type of disability.
- People with disabilities. Self-advocates are important to the sibling movement and we encourage people with disabilities to come and share your sibling perspective.
- Parents and family members. Families can learn a lot at this conference and share their perspectives.
- Professionals. Professionals, including researchers, can gain a stronger understanding of the sibling relationship and ways to support siblings throughout the lifespan.
- Sibling supporters. Anyone who is a friend or colleague to siblings and their families is welcome.
We’re putting Louisville, Kentucky on the map!
2013 National SLN Conference
Thanks to everyone who joined us at our 2013 National SLN Conference in Pittsburgh, PA. We had a great turnout of siblings and sibling supporters from 22 states as well as Canada and Japan. We had a wonderful program with great speakers.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in our national Sibling Leadership Network Conference in Pittsburgh!
You can explore press coverage of the event through these links:
Or check out this great summary: Pittsburgh Press
Check out the 2013 SLN Conference Program!
2013 National SLN Conference Sponsors:
Thank you for your contribution to make the 2013 National SLN Conference a success!
Individual and Scholarship Sponsors:
The Keiling Family