Join Us at the 2015 NATIONAL SIBLING LEADERSHIP NETWORK CONFERENCE
Pre-registration has closed. However, onsite registration will be available on Saturday, May 30.
May 30-31, 2015
(Conference starts at 12 noon on Saturday and ends at 12 noon on Sunday)
GALT HOUSE HOTEL
Find the full 2015 SLN Conference Program here.
- Shuttle: galthouseshuttle.com or 502-561-4022 to make arrangements
- $15 one way, $25 round trip per person
- Cab: cost roughly $20-25 with tip from hotel to airport
To see the conference agenda, click here.
Join us for an opportunity to connect with other siblings of people with disabilities and those who care about siblings. We are excited to again partner with and hold the SLN Conference in conjunction with AAIDD (American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities). Hear from national experts on the latest in sibling services and supports, learn about new research initiatives, and participate in sibling and disability advocacy efforts. You will have an opportunity to learn about resources, share stories, network and gain insight on sibling experiences.
UPDATE! The Galt House Hotel is completely sold out during the SLN Conference. Thankfully, there are many more hotel options in Downtown Louisville. Check out these options close to the Galt House from Travel Weekly: http://www.travelweekly.com/Hotels/Louisville/Galt-House-Hotel-Suites-p4198163,Nearby-Hotels or check out these options from Air BnB: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Louisville–KY–United-States?checkin=05%2F29%2F2015&checkout=05%2F31%2F2015&source=bb&ss_id=o5uc6xrd
Interested in Sponsorship? Click here.
Find the full Conference Agenda here.
We are excited about our keynote speakers Sheli Reynolds and Andrew McQuaide as well as our featured speaker from Kentucky, Tori McClure. Find out more about them here.
Who should attend the conference?
- Siblings of people with disabilities. The conference is for adults and is welcome to siblings who have a brother or sister with any type of disability.
- People with disabilities. Self-advocates are important to the sibling movement and we encourage people with disabilities to come and share your sibling perspective.
- Parents and family members. Families can learn a lot at this conference and share their perspectives.
- Professionals. Professionals, including researchers, can gain a stronger understanding of the sibling relationship and ways to support siblings throughout the lifespan.
- Sibling supporters. Anyone who is a friend or colleague to siblings and their families is welcome.
We’re putting Louisville, Kentucky on the map!
2015 SLN National Conference Sponsors
Nora and Bruce Handler